For many Ghanaians who love His Excellency John Dramani Mahama, the former President of the Republic of Ghana, one of the things which characterized his tenure, endears them to him are his impressive projects scattered across the country.
Since exiting office, the former President has criticized the Akuffo-Addo led Government for deliberately failing to complete some of the projects he initiated some could not be completed before leaving office.
Supporters of John Mahama boast of a tall list of projects he did. In fact, some supporters have consistently claimed that the scale and scope of his projects are much bigger than those of Osagyefo Dr. Kwame Nkrumah. Some of the projects include the following:
1. The 15,000 seater capacity Cape Coast Stadium.
2. The Kwame Nkrumah Circle Interchange.
3. The Kasoa overhead bridge.
4. The Airport Hills/Burma Camp network of roads.
5. The 37-El Wak-Trade Fair road.
6. The Teshie desalination plant.
7. The Kpong water expansion project.
8. The Wa water supply project.
9. Expansion of the Takoradi and Tema Harbours.
10. Construction of Terminal (T3) of Kotoka International Airport.
11. Sekondi -Takoradi- Kojokrom railway line 12. Central Markets in Kumasi and Cape Coast and others.
With these records and ex-President Mahama’s constant condemnation of President Nana Akuffo- Addo for abandoning his projects, many are of the view that President John Mahama may not complete the Cathedral Project if he were to win the next election come 2024 in retaliation for his projects Nana Akuffo-Addo also abandoned.
afropolitanonline.com asked one hundred die-hard NDC members if they thought ex-President Mahama would complete the National Cathedral if elected President. 83 of the respondents said they were sure John Mahama would complete the Cathedral Project.
The rest of the respondents who described the Cathedral Project with unprintable words threatened that any attempt to complete the Cathedral Project will be repulsive to Ghanaians who had voted for the NDC to win power.
Do you think Mahama would complete the Cathedral Project if elected into office in 2024?