Kissi Agyabeng has been gracing the front pages of widely circulated newspapers lately for good reasons.
It seems the Special Prosecutor has gained the confidence and support of the masses for his work after his outfit recovered an amount of 1.074 million cedis from Labianca Group of Companies as a short fall in import duties to the Government.
Though the recovery of the money has seen a plethora of mixed reviews by a cross section of Ghanaian society, many people still feel the Special Prosecutor is on the right path.
In line with his resolves to stump out corruption from public offices, the dreaded Kissi Agyabeng has begun an investigation into the auction sales of cars and other goods
In a press release, Mr. Agyabeng has directed the Commissioner of Customs Division of Ghana Revenue Authority to produce the particulars of vehicles and other goods auctioned between 1st July 2016 and 15th August 2022 to him on or before 30th September 2022. His request includes:
1. The particulars and clear descriptions of all auctioned items
2. The quantity of all auctioned items
3. The prices at which the items were auctioned
4. The date of each auctioned sales
5. The full names addresses, and telephone numbers of the successful bidders at all auction sales
The Ghanaian public is waiting to see what will come out from this new move.